BMS solution and wiring
I've been working very slowly this last couple of months. In part, I think it was due to issues with DC DC converter and also several unsuccessful attempts connecting the BMS to the battery pack.
As you can read here, I switched from a custom battery terminal board to a used one from a Nissan Leaf, which came with all the leads.
I also bought a 32s ANT BMS from AliExpress, after reading a lot about BMSes:
DC/DC converter troubleshooting
Replaced battery terminals
New aluminium battery box
DC/DC converter arrived
Master switch installed
Battery terminal covers in place
I finally got some time to apply the MDF layers to the battery terminal covers.
And it was very satisfying to know that it was a very nice fit. The only exception was of a couple of extra centimeters in width, which were promptly cut away easily.
The entire cover is made of three MDF layers. The first two are 10mm thick whereas the last one is 5mm thick.
Battery terminal covers
Things are slower with the new lock-down and travel restrictions. But I was able to move on with the battery terminal covers.
I'm mimicking the original Nissan ones, albeit using MDF as insulation (3D printing was too expensive) and 5mm aluminium bus bars (copper laser cutting was too expensive too).
This was the plan: