I finally got some time to apply the MDF layers to the battery terminal covers.
And it was very satisfying to know that it was a very nice fit. The only exception was of a couple of extra centimeters in width, which were promptly cut away easily.
The entire cover is made of three MDF layers. The first two are 10mm thick whereas the last one is 5mm thick.
Things are slower with the new lock-down and travel restrictions. But I was able to move on with the battery terminal covers.
I'm mimicking the original Nissan ones, albeit using MDF as insulation (3D printing was too expensive) and 5mm aluminium bus bars (copper laser cutting was too expensive too).
This was the plan:
While I'm searching some HV batteries, I decided to replace the front headlights, which are a bit weak, with some new LED ones.
I found a pair on ebay for around 30 euros which seem nice and also have DRL and indicators.
I just had to design a couple of metal sheets to secure the headlight to the body and gave them a black paint job to disguise them under the front grill.