I received the sheet metal parts for the first version of the battery box and started assembling it.
But first, with just the mockup of the box, I checked the location. I'm planning to take out one of the rear seats and reuse (some of) the existing holes. I choose the side right next to the filler neck, which will be used for the charging port.
I started assembling the pack, pushing the modules through the rods and using the end plates to squeeze them so I could bolt the brackets to the outside beams every four modules.
I had to stop half way because I ran out of nuts! :P
Next post should be about the built box, although I still need to fabricate the bus bars. Not many shops do laser cutting on copper and it's more expensive, so I will probably stick to aluminium instead (even if I need to make it thicker).