Adapter plate adjustments

I've made some small but needed adjustments to the aluminium adapter plate.

Since I didn't model the fasteners in FreeCAD (my bad!), I missed some bolt heads that don't clear as they should.
My solution was to replace those bolts with countersunk ones:

Adapter plate with countersunk bolt
Adapter plate with countersunk bolt (also a M10). The one on the other side is really flush with the sheet but it's deep enough as is: it clears the transmission stud!

I had to buy a bit to make the chanfer for the bolt head ("escareador" in Portuguese). It wasn't cheap but it made the work very easy with the help of a battery drill.

I also had to make the threads a bit wider so all the bolts go through easily. In addition, I made two threaded holes in the bottom to help secure the side frames:

Tapping some threads
Tapping some threads: Making the M10 on the sides a bit wider and add two M8 on the bottom
All three bolt types
All three bolt types :)

 Now I feel confident about the adapter and the next step is a great milestone: hang the motor in the engine bay. I will try to capture some photos and maybe some videos. See you soon!

Add new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

Restricted HTML

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a href hreflang> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote cite> <code> <ul type> <ol start type> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd> <h2 id> <h3 id> <h4 id> <h5 id> <h6 id>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.